The dangers of the sun and the weather where I live are the two main reasons I have recently become a self-tan junkie. I have been good about wearing protection (aka SPF and cute hats) in the sun and using bronzers/self-tanning products to achieve a summer glow. Self-tanners have come a long way since my highschool days. I would grab a bottle of cheap gradual tan and feel like a Banana Boat model but really look like an orange crayon, and smell like one too. The orange and smelly days are over my friends. Here are a few tips and products to achieve a faux (yet natural looking) summer tan.
1. Exfoliate your skin regularly, and especially right before getting a spray tan or using a self-tanner. I am currently obsessed with the Ulta scrubs, especially this one.
2. Moisturize knuckles, elbows, and knees right before also. You can use any moisturizer for this.
3. Get a spray tan every 10-14 days, I love the Mystic Tan (spray tan) at my local tanning salon or use a self-tanning mousse every 7-10 days, I love the St Tropez Express Bronzing Mousse and I recommend using the mitt as well.
4. To maintain the glow use a gradual moisturizer every other day. I love St Tropez Gradual Tan In Shower Lotion because it has no smell, it’s really easy to use, and leaves my skin really soft.
5. If you have sensitive skin, use products designed for the face to avoid clogged pores and breakouts. I love Tarte Maracuja Self-Tanning Facial Towlettes.
The most important thing is that you are always always using SPF while in the sun, and knowing you can get the glow without the effects of sun damage.
What are your favorite self-tanning products? I’d love if you shared!
INSPIRATION OF THE DAY
Ask, and it will be given to you, seek and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you. Mattew 7:7